Do you ever read the bible and you finally just get it?
I feel like I don’t have this happen as much as I would like. But today while I was writing in my journal and reading I “got” something! I had recently heard a man talk about Billy Graham and how he thought of the bible as spiritual food and how he never wanted to miss a meal! When I heard this I was like, “whoa, that is so true” and I was convicted. I got it then but I really got it today.
I feel like I have a spiritual eating disorder. Most days, if not all, I only spiritually eat once and if I only spiritually eat once then I don’t have enough energy to pour out into others, because I am hungry myself! But we could also eat a lot and get spiritually fat and this isn’t necessarily a good thing! When we eat a lot in real life, in order to not get fat we have to go to the gym and exercise. So if we are getting all of our spiritual meals, we should be pouring into others, which will keep us spiritually healthy!
It is a constant inflow so that we can overflow into others as my youth pastor Darin says.
I feel like I start lots of things and never follow through with them. For example, my Wardrobe Wednesdays kinda went down the drain because I got busy and what not. I guess its not a horrible thing since I … Continue reading →
The Good// I went skiing for the first time in January. It was super fun because I went with Ben and his aunt! I was a little intimidated at first because 1.They are both really good at skiing and Ben is also an amazing snowboarder 2. I am from Texas and we don’t have snow there so connect the dots and 3. I tried snowboarding and that was just a fail (it was at midnight and snowboarding is just hard in general). So I was anxious to see how skiing would go. Lets just say that like the slopes I had my ups and downs.
These girls are the best. If it wasn’t them, I probably would not have made it through calculus, and I would not have had such a fun snow day! You might be thinking, there goes meredith #thirdwheelinit, but it’s not like … Continue reading →
What I am wearing… Boots.. as always Blue Cords: Herbergers White Top: Old Navy Vest: Hand me me down Scarf: Target Belt: From my g-ma 🙂
1. I haven’t been keeping up with my W.W. and I will try to get better at this! But sorry if I don’t:)
2. I am not a math student. Every time that I go to my calc class, I ask myself “why am I here?” I really don’t know why but I can’t quit now! Only two weeks left! Whoop!?!
3. I am really into listening to podcasts from Liberty University! Their convocations are a great way to start my day! CANNOT wait to go there!
4. I love Trejo Thursdays! Look it up on YouTube and you will laugh so hard! I literally can watch these videos all day! They are great for relieving stress!
5. For some reason I have been having really weird dreams lately involving my friend Renee! For instance, she was getting married but the wedding was really weird. All of the bridesmaids sat in the audience and in the middle of the wedding service we went to a waterfall?! Also they never got married. 😦 and in my other dream she shaved her head!? What’s wrong with me?!
Hello! I hope that everyone has a super fun weekend! Mine consisted of working and (think about) doing my homework;) Oh and I also inherited a cold from somewhere!! Anyways, I want you all to know that I think it is important to take time for yourself because you are important! So I have compiled a list of happy and relaxing things I want to do this week! My goal is to actually do them! Here they are!
So far Wardrobe Wednesdays have been going pretty well! I’ve been pretty pro-active about getting them done and I even took the pictures yesterday (Tuesday), so I actually wore this on Christmas! I know its isn’t very festive, but that’s OK. The only thing that is getting hard about W.W. is that it is getting so cold outside! Yesterday, when me and J came in from taking pictures outside, we ran to the fireplace and pretty much put our hands in the fire! I couldn’t tell if my hand were hot or cold anymore. I think my mom was right when she told me to be functional, rather than fashionable! Oh well, its all worth it 🙂
I was a little nervous as to how this pose would turn out, I had seen others do it, so I figured it would work, and it did 🙂
This week I am wearing….
Earrings: Christmas gift from J.
Polka Dot: Old Navy (moms)
Jeans: Old Navy
Sunglasses: Ray-bans, from Nepal (therefore they are fake)